Step 1 - Create a Calendar
Go to Settings > Calendars > New Calendar
- Give it a name
- Give it a description
- Give it an appointment title. This is what will show up on the visitor's calendar.
- Give it a meeting location. You can leave this blank.
- Link to Calendar - Leave it blank for now.
- Set the Sync Option to one way.
- Click Save & Continue
Now we set up the Availability.
- These options are fairly straightforward.
- Click Save & Continue
Choose Sticky Contact. This will ensure that any contact that's already signed in or has a cookie won't need to re-enter their contact info. The CRM will auto-connect to their existing record if it exists.
New Appointment Alert Emails. To send an email notification to the user within the organization (not the customer that is booking the appointment), enter their email address here.
Additional Notes. To customize the notes within the calendar invite sent to the user, edit this field.
Form Submissions. You can either re-direct someone to a Thank You page (letting them know they're done), or you can enter a Custom Thank You Message, which will be displayed to the user once the appointment is booked.
Step 2 - Set up the Calendar Integration
You can do this step before the previous one if you wish. If you do this later, you will need to edit the calendar you created in Step 1 and choose the calendar you want to link to, as shown below:
Viewing the Calendar Landing Page
The default calendar landing page isn't styled. There's no header or footer. You can embed it onto an existing webpage, or let users visit it directly.
To find the link:
- Visit Settings > Calendars.
- Find the calendar in the list
- You will see the link in blue text. Open the link and copy / paste it.
To embed the calendar somewhere:
- Visit Settings > Calendars
- Click Calendar Code
- Grab the link or embed code.
To Create a Landing Page for a Calendar Booking
- Go to Sites > Funnels
- Create a new funnel (don't choose from template)
- Give it a name (ex: Book a Call)
Now, you will create a Step in the Funnel for each step of the booking process. There should be 2 steps minimum (the booking step, and the thank you step).
- Click Add New Step
- Name the Page (ex: Choose Your Booking Date)
- Give the page a path (ex: book-a-call). NOTE: If you want the calendar link page to be on your website's subdomain, ex: lets say your website is www.abc.com, you can have the calendar link be something like "stikigreenz.abc.com/book-a-call" by setting up your domain in the platform. Learn how to do this here.
- Click Create Funnel Step
Once the step is created, you can now edit it.
- Click Edit Page.
- Use the editor to style your landing page.
- Start by adding a row (the default row widths are shown on the right side)
- To add the calendar booking widget to the page, drag it from the Elements to where you would like it to appear on the page.
- Choose the Calendar you want to embed
- Once the page is done, click Save. When saving for the first time, you can specify meta data such as Page Title, Description, Keywords, Author and Social Image. These are used by search engines and websites when they're linking to your page.
Here's an example of a simple booking page.
Thank You Page (2nd step)
Here's an example of a thank you page (typically the second step of the funnel).